We are happy to begin ongoing janitorial recruitment for Year 4 of the NRTA. There are no geographic limitations and our last TABE session is on March 5th. We want to make sure that we pack our initial TABE sessions scheduled for December 18th, January 6th and 8th, so spread the word!
As always, the first step for interested candidates is to call the REES hotline and RSVP for TABE: 718-289-8100.
To qualify for training, you must:
- Be a NYCHA resident on the lease
- Be 18 years old or over
- Have valid working documentation
- Be able to work for 8 hours on your feet
- Be able to pass a drug test
- Be able to qualify at a 6.0 reading/math level
Participants will gain:
- 4.5 weeks of full-time training
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Practical mathematics
- Equipment and Compactor Operation training
- Floor Stripping and Finishing training
- Hands on cleaning training
Please feel free to stop by and ask any questions that you may have.
Representatives from NYCHA and the Development Team have been presenting updates to the Prospect Plaza project to the Brownsville Community. Beginning on April 30th, the Development Team and project was introduced to former Prospect Plaza residents and other community stakeholders in attendance. Followed by meetings on September 4th also with former Prospect Plaza residents and September 24 to Community Board 16.
The presentations can be found in the following links: